Our workplace bears a heavy economic burden associated with crashes, regardless of whether a worker becomes injured on or off the job. Crashes affect an employer’s bottom line which trickles down to the health and stability of the company…and your job.
- Motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of unintentional workplace deaths in the United States.
- On-the-job highway crashes can cost employers $24,000 per crash, and $68,000 per injury.
- In a one-year period, the cost of medical care, wage and productivity losses associated with injuries from motor vehicle crashes exceeded $214 billion.
High Price of Crashes to Employers
- Days away from work – lost productivity
- Health, life, and disability insurance premiums
- Sick leave
- Workers’ Compensation contributions
- Crash-related legal expense
- Vehicle property damage
- Liability insurance
- Recruiting and training to replace an injured employee
Your safety matters to us – and it matters to the health and security of all of our jobs!