Skip to content
Before You Drive:
- Be familiar with the controls in your vehicle, especially when you are borrowing someone else’s car or driving a rental.
- Adjust vehicle controls such as mirrors, seat, radio, heat or air conditioning.
- Plan ahead. Read maps and check traffic conditions.
- Program directions into your navigation system. Enable the voice-activated function.
While you drive:
- Do not program a navigation system that requires you to reach away from the steering wheel or look away from the road.
- Do not reach behind your seat, pick up items from the floor, open the glove box or try to catch falling objects in the vehicle.
- Do not talk on a phone, text, or use any other electronic devices.