With the holidays approaching and festivities scheduled, it’s important to remind employees to drive safe. And that means to drive sober. In Texas, drivers are legally intoxicated and can be arrested and charged with a DWI with a .08 blood alcohol concentration or below. However, driving ability can be impaired below the legal alcohol limit.
Keep your employees safe by sharing safety tips:
- Make a plan prior to going out and have a backup plan
- Never get behind the wheel after drinking
- Designate a driver, take public transportation or use a ride-sharing service
- Call a friend or taxi
- Download the SaferRide App – available for Android devices on Google Play and Apple devices in the iTunes store
Think about safety. Think before you “hit” the roads this holiday season, especially late at night as there are more impaired drivers on the road, and don’t get into a vehicle with someone who has been drinking.
Use the following resources this month and commit to a culture of safe driving on and off the job:
- December safety calendar
- December Toilet Tabloids
- Santa: Holiday Designated Driver Poster
- Reindeer: Holiday Designated Driver Poster
– Lisa Robinson is a senior program manager with the National Safety Council