Stop at This Safety Oasis
In the heat of July and August, your company’s fleet vehicles will be put to the performance test. And many employees who drive personal vehicles for work likewise will be challenged.
Let’s talk about how you can help keep your people and equipment safe on the roads.
Share my Top 5 summer driving safety tips. Safer cars = safer roads:
- Be sure your cooling system is operating properly
- Check oil levels and windshield washer fluids
- Find out if your vehicle has an open recall; it’s free to check at Check to Protect and free to repair at a dealer
- Get your vehicle serviced regularly
- Inspect your tires for tread wear, and use a gauge to monitor air pressure
Get more: Summer driving tips from NHTSA.
This is a good time to review or update your preventive maintenance plan. Here are five questions you should be able to answer:
- Do you have a preventive maintenance service checklist?
- Do you have a process for ordering parts and/or an inventory of spare parts?
- Do you have driver inspection and reporting systems in place?
- Do you track data that shows how regular maintenance saves your organization money?
- Have you established regular maintenance intervals?
Read/share this blog post: How to Implement a Fleet Preventive Maintenance Plan.
Your Choice: Crisis or Prevention
Here is a new way to think of an old adage: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure as it relates to free Drug Impairment Training for Texas Employers.
Employers who are proactive can reduce turnover rates, save money and valued employees. Our turnover rate tool, used in DITTE training sessions, accounts for company-specific variables and helps employers calculate the cost of employee turnover. To use this free tool:
- Click file (upper left corner) and make a copy of the spreadsheet
- Input numbers that reflect your business
DITTE training also explores the effects of alcohol and other drugs on driving and workplace performance, as well as costs of a DWI-alcohol arrest and lifestyle impacts of drug and alcohol misuse. Training addresses seven categories of impairment:
- Central nervous system depressants (Valium, Xanax)
- Central nervous system stimulants (Adderall, Ritalin)
- Dissociative anesthetics
- Inhalants (solvents, aerosol sprays, gases)
- Narcotic analgesics
Employer prevention tactics help create a safer environment. We offer two types of DITTE training:
- Register to attend a session at a location near you
- Sit at your desk and let us come to you via webcast training
Click to register for free training.