What is Aggressive Driving?
- In 60 seconds, list as many driving behaviors as you can that you would consider “aggressive.” Maybe you even encountered some while driving today!
How many of the following behaviors match your list?
Aggressive driving behaviors can include:
- Drag racing on public streets
- Frequent and unnecessary lane changes
- Running red or yellow lights
- Cutting off other drivers
- Angry gesturing or yelling at other drivers
- Ignoring posted traffic signs or barriers, such as yield signs or lowered railway crossing gates
While all of these are dangerous behaviors, which one has NHTSA called “one of the most dangerous forms of aggressive driving”?
Answer. Running a red light.