Drug Impairment Training for Texas Employers
Can you identify an impaired employee in the workplace? We offer a staff-development training course to aid your safety leaders in doing just that.
Free Drug Impairment Training for Texas Employers (DITTE) explores the effects of alcohol and other drugs on driving and workplace performance and highlights costs and lifestyle impacts of a DWI-alcohol arrest. Benefits of preventative training for employers and employees also are outlined.
In each section of DITTE training, participants are directed to free resources designed to raise awareness of risks associated with impairment and promote safe behaviors. The training addresses seven categories of impairment:
- Central nervous system depressants
- Central nervous system stimulants
- Dissociative anesthetics
- Narcotic analgesics
Participants will gain an understanding of the signs and symptoms of impairment, including impairment that is a result of alcohol, illicit drugs and prescription drugs.
Who should attend? Health, safety managers/leads, wellness, human resource, public affairs professionals, business owners, as well as senior and executive management should attend.
What will you learn?
- How to educate employees on traffic safety to help reduce the number of alcohol and drug-related fatalities and injuries on Texas roads.
- How to develop or improve a resource guide for drug policies, programs and practices within your organization.
COST: This education is grant-funded by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). There is NO CHARGE to participants.
Upcoming DITTE Training Sessions
Click here for an up-to-date list of Our Driving Concern DITTE training sessions.
Request Training at Your Workplace
Click here to request Drug Impairment Training for Texas Employers.
Free Resources to Share
Print and post these PDFs at your workplace to raise awareness of risks associated with drunk and drugged driving:
- Marijuana and Driving: A look at Texans’ attitudes and the impact on driving under the influence
- Texas and Impaired Driving: Learn about DUI driving in Texas (drugs and alcohol), prevalence of incidents and what a driver in a fatal crash looks like, the profile (men vs. women).
Find a Safe Ride Home
- Texas DWI: Drinking and driving don’t mix. Plan ahead for a sober ride home.