What distracts drivers? List as many distractions you can think of in 60 seconds.
Did you come up with all of these?
Some of the most common and dangerous multitasking distractions while driving include:
- Talking on a cell phone – whether hands-free or handheld
- Using an electronic device while the vehicle is in motion: speech-to-text, GPS, computer, etc.
- Adjusting a radio, CD player or MP3 player
- Removing items from the glove compartment or backseat
- Applying makeup or grooming
- Eating and drinking
- Reading, including maps
- Dealing with children or pets in the car