Look for the warning signs of drowsy driving.
- You can’t stop yawning.
- Your eyelids droop or blink frequently.
- You have trouble keeping your eyes open and focused especially at stoplights.
- Your mind wanders or you have disconnected thoughts. You can’t remember driving the last few miles.
- Your driving becomes sloppy—you weave between lanes, tailgate or miss traffic signals.
- You hit rumble strips or grooves in the road. If you hit a rumble strip…it is a sure sign that you need to pull off the road immediately and get some sleep!
What do you do if any of these are true? Do this.