13 Organizations Demonstrate Commitment to Keeping Employees Safer on Texas Roadways
On Aug. 9, 2018, the National Safety Council recognized 13 Texas employers with Texas Employer Traffic Safety Awards through its Our Driving Concern program.
Award recipients ranged from businesses with as few as 40 employees to as many as 20,757, and from nonprofits to municipal organizations. Employee education, training and other activities centered on traffic safety were considered in the evaluation process of applicants.
This year, three Texas employers went above and beyond to earn “exemplary” distinction:
Exemplary Award Recipients
- City of Waco
- MedStar Mobile Healthcare
- Texas Mutual Insurance Company
The efforts of 10 other Texas employers were highlighted in “award recipient” and “honorable mention” categories as NSC and Our Driving Concern called out traffic safety leaders in three categories for the second straight year.
- City of Arlington
- Bullero Trucking LLC
- City of Irving
- Dallas ISD Risk Management
- Northside Independent School District
- Pioneer Natural Resources
- Star Shuttle & Charter
Honorable Mention Recipients
- DRIVERS Coalition
- D.R.I.V.E. Safe Coalition Meeting
- ProFrac Services
Since 2014, Our Driving Concern officials have presented the Texas Employer Traffic Safety Awards to Texas employers who demonstrate an extraordinary commitment to traffic safety in partnership with the Texas Department of Transportation.
Learn More about Past Winners
- Our Driving Concern awards recognition program: Submit an application.
- 2017 Awards: 15 Texas Employers Honored for Contributions to Traffic Safety
- Texas Employer Awards Archive (watch videos paying tribute to past winners and check out best-practice brochures)