Some Texas employers use in-vehicle monitoring systems to collect vehicle data and report on driver behavior. Others have developed driving scorecards or conducted observational studies to better understand traffic patterns and implement safety solutions. The common denominator that links all 12 winners of the 2022 Our Driving Concern Texas Employer Traffic Safety awards is an unwavering commitment to safety.
All 12 employers embrace driver and transportation safety and the ideal of keeping their employees and others safe on Texas roads. This year, four employers modeled exceptional behavior to earn “Exemplary” distinction. They promoted traffic safety at work, while encouraging employees to carry that message home to their family members.
The safety efforts of all 12 recipients are captured in this best-practice brochure for other Texas employers to emulate. The recipients realize what happens at work affects every aspect of life. They are not only safety leaders, but also community leaders.
“These employers are the epitome of achievement in the field of employee education and transportation safety training,” said DeAnn Crane, a program manager with the National Safety Council. “Clearly, they are determined to keep pushing toward the ultimate goal of zero – zero crashes, zero injuries and zero fatalities.”
Since 2014, Texas Employer Traffic Safety Awards have been presented annually by the National Safety Council and the Texas Department of Transportation. This year’s recipient list reads like a Who’s Who of safety:
Exemplary Award Recipients
- Indeca Crude Xpress
- Northside Independent School District
- Pioneer Natural Resources
- Texas Mutual Insurance Company
- City of Arlington
- City of Austin Public Works
- City of Irving
- City of Waco
- CPS Energy
- El Paso Municipal Court
- Klein Independent School District
- Renegade Wireline Services
The 12 recipients were honored during a presentation July 28 at the Texas A&M Traffic Safety Conference in College Station.
2022 Best Practice Brochure
In this best-practices brochure, we tell stories and highlight some of the items our 2022 award recipients featured in their transportation safety programs. Model these best practices and watch your own program go from good to great.
Learn More about Past Winners
- 2021 Awards: 11 Texas Employers Honored for Employee Education and Transportation Safety Training Efforts
- 2020 Awards: National Safety Council Honors Texas Employers with 2020 Our Driving Concern Traffic Safety Awards
- 2019 Awards: 16 organizations demonstrate commitment to keeping employees safer on Texas roadways
- 2018 Awards: 13 employers demonstrate commitment to keeping employees safer on Texas roadways
- Texas Employer Awards Archive (watch videos paying tribute to past winners and check out best-practice brochures)