11 Texas Employers Honored for Employee Education and Transportation Safety Training Efforts
Many employers embrace driver and transportation safety training to reduce crash incidents, decrease liability risk and, most importantly, save lives. The National Safety Council and Our Driving Concern Texas Employer Traffic Safety Program recognized 11 Texas employers who adopted that safety mindset and put road safety first.
Those employers were the recipients of the 2021 Our Driving Concern Texas employer traffic safety awards, presented annually in conjunction with the Texas Department of Transportation since 2014. Four earned the prestigious “exemplary” award distinction by promoting traffic safety at work and encouraging employees to carry home that message to safeguard family members, while seven others were singled out as award recipients.
Exemplary Award Recipients
- Jetco Delivery
- Port of Corpus Christi Authority
- Shell Exploration and Production Company
- Texas Mutual Insurance Company
- City of Arlington
- City of Austin Public Works
- City of Irving
- City of San Antonio
- City of Waco
- Indeca Crude Xpress
- Pioneer Natural Resources
2021 Best Practice Brochure
In this best-practices brochure, we tell stories and highlight some of the items our 2021 award recipients featured in their transportation safety programs. Model these best practices and watch your own program go from good to great.
Learn More about Past Winners
- 2020 Awards: National Safety Council Honors Texas Employers with 2020 Our Driving Concern Traffic Safety Awards
- 2019 Awards: 16 organizations demonstrate commitment to keeping employees safer on Texas roadways
- 2018 Awards: 13 employers demonstrate commitment to keeping employees safer on Texas roadways
- Texas Employer Awards Archive (watch videos paying tribute to past winners and check out best-practice brochures)