Making the Case for Traffic Safety
Want in on a dirty, little secret? Crashes cost employers billions of dollars and millions of work days each year. At Our Driving Concern, we help Texas employers reduce risks and manage costs. Here, we present our case: Four Reasons to Use An Employee Traffic Safety Program.
Sample Driving Policy
As an employer, you are wondering what elements should be included in a safe driving policy for employees. We have created a Sample Driving Policy you can copy and use on your own company letterhead.
The document addresses concerns over aggressive driving, distracted driving, impaired driving and seat belt usage. At the end, there is a place for employee acknowledgement of company policy, signature required.
Distracted Driving Simulator
Arrangements can be made for organizations to use the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Distracted Driving simulator. The tool is designed to educate drivers on the dangers of distracted driving. For more information, contact the Passenger Safety Project Team.
These colorful, engaging handouts can be used for employee training and safety talks.
- Safety Coach Cards (how to print and use the cards)
- Recognize Those Dashboard Warning Symbols?
- Hands Free is Not Risk Free
- On the Road, Off the Phone
- Crashes Can Wreck Your Business
- Asleep at the Wheel
- Impaired Drivers Are Dangerous Drivers
- Seat Belts Save Lives
- No Text Message is Worth a Life
- The High Costs of Crashes training trifold
Posters, Fact Sheets and Tip Sheets
- Distracted Driving Posters, Fact Sheets, and Tip Sheets
- Impaired Driving Posters, Fact Sheets and Tip Sheets
- Aggressive Driving Posters, Fact Sheets and Tip Sheets
- Passenger Restraint Posters, Fact Sheets, and Tip Sheets
- LIST ALL Posters, Fact Sheets, and Tip Sheets
- Texas Department of Insurance Division of Workers’ Compensation: OSHCON and answers to frequently asked questions
Free Webinars and Classroom Training
Using a Mobile Device
Our new Safety Coach Tailgate Talks, available on this website, can be used by safety instructors in non-classroom settings. Access the mobile lessons using the SAFETY COACH TAILGATE TALKS menu. The lessons can be accessed from a tablet or smart phone.
Using Safety Coach Tailgate Talk Cards
Traffic Safety Huddle
The Network of Employers for Traffic Safety has partnered with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to create a free online seat belt toolkit. The kit includes a communication plan for a six-week worksite seat belt usage campaign.
Power Play: Our Tools, Your Voice
On this page, you will find the PowerPoint presentations we’ve used in our free webinar series. We invite you to access these presentations and make use of them in traffic safety talks with your employees.
To view all resources, click here.