Our Driving Concern: Texas Employer Traffic Safety Program
We work with Texas employers to promote safe driving practices among their employees, both on and off the job, and proactively combat the costly toll of crashes by helping them understand risky driving behaviors and liability exposure.
Our Driving Concern provides resources on distracted driving, aggressive driving, passenger restraint, impaired driving and other traffic safety topics. Our Driving Concern offers FREE tools and resources to managers, HR professionals and safety instructors to help you build a company-wide traffic safety program that includes:
- Comprehensive training programs
- Train-the-trainer workshops
- Safety talk materials and handouts
- Diverse speakers
- Resources for company health fairs
- Texas Employer Traffic Safety Awards Program
- Fact sheets, posters and MORE!
Learn more about Our Driving Concern: Texas Employer Traffic Safety Program.
Crashes: Know the Impact
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of unintentional workplace death in the United States
- The average workplace motor vehicle crash costs more than $24,000; if the employee is injured the cost increases to more than $125,000
- Texas employers spend more than $3 billion every year as a result of on and off the job injuries and fatalities (NHTSA)
- According to TxDOT, 1/4 of crashes are attributed to distracted driving.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says: Taking Action Can Save Lives
Connect with Us
We want to hear from you. Tell us what you are doing (or have done) to make traffic safety a regular part of your company’s safety culture. In return for your feedback, we will send you free traffic safety materials you can use at your workplace.
For more information about the Our Driving Concern Texas Employer Traffic Safety Program, contact:
Lisa Robinson, Program Manager
National Safety Council
1121 Spring Lake Drive
Itasca, IL 60143