Our Driving Concern: Texas Employer Traffic Safety Program
We work with Texas employers to promote safe driving practices among their employees, both on and off the job, and proactively combat the costly toll of crashes by helping them understand risky driving behaviors and liability exposure.
Our Driving Concern provides resources on distracted driving, aggressive driving, passenger restraint, impaired driving and other traffic safety topics. Our Driving Concern offers FREE tools and resources to managers, HR professionals and safety instructors to help you build a company-wide traffic safety program that includes:
- Comprehensive training programs
- Train-the-trainer workshops
- Safety talk materials and handouts
- Diverse speakers
- Resources for company health fairs
- NEW Texas Employer Traffic Safety Award
- Fact sheets, posters and MORE!
Learn more about Our Driving Concern: Texas Employer Traffic Safety Program.
Crashes: Know the Impact
- Motor vehicle crashes are one of the leading causes of unintentional workplace deaths in the United States
- The average workplace motor vehicle crash costs more than $24,000; if the employee is injured the cost increases to more than $125,000
- Texas employers spend more than $3 billion every year as a result of on and off the job injuries and fatalities (NHTSA)
- According to TxDOT, 1/4 of crashes are attributed to distracted driving.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says: Taking Action Can Save Lives
For more information about Our Driving Concern: Texas Employer Traffic Safety Program, contact:
Lisa Robinson, Program Manager
National Safety Council
1121 Spring Lake Drive
Itasca, IL 60143